Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headliner cost?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89k5blazr, Apr 24, 2001.

1. 89k5blazr

89k5blazr Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what a head liner for my 89 K5 would cost. I figured it cant be too much because its not very large. So if anyone knows a ballpark figure or have had it done i would appreciate it.

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

if you buy all new parts from lmc or somebody like that you are looking at $350 plus... I was thinking about doing this.

If you can find a truck or blazer that has one you could get all the parts for very reasonable. The headliner itself isn't that bad, it's all the part (molding etc.) that make it expensive.

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Go to Walmart...buy a roll of that carpet they have there for like $10 bucks in the automotive section. Use that as a headliner....mine is simply carpet and works just fine.....just glue it in and cut it big so the moulding screws down over the edges to help hold it in place.

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I worked at an upholstery shop all last summer. I know that you would be able to get it done at a shop for way less than 350 bucks if you bough all the new stuff from LMC. And it will be even cheaper if you take the headliner out so all the shop will need to do is just recover it. I upgraded my headliner in my 87 to cloth, not the vynal with little pin holes. I think 89-91 had this type anyways. Just my input, I'd go to a shop, get the cloth (because I don't think they can get the orig stuff) and go from there. Just my .02 cents.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bens87toy.coloradok5.com>http://www.bens87toy.coloradok5.com</A>

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I think the dealer wanted 60 bucks for just the head liner. I was able to get some cardboard and headliner fabric for ten bucks. I cut the new cardboard to match the old cardboard and then got some adhesive and glued the fabric and cut it shape with the cardbaord and slapped it in. It took 20 minutes and looks great!

"My blazer may be slow, but it goes faster at higher speeds"

Jim

6. solowookie

I'm not talking about 'just' the head liner... Mine has no head liner in it so I'm talking all the molding and everything... I'd love to just have to worry about the headliner it's self...

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I helped my frined do this to his S10 Blazer a little while ago. $22. Headliner board at a junkyard, fabric store cloth, and 3M glue.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna buy a Texas flag and fade it a little and use that.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

9. solowookie

hey, wouldn't that texas flag ruin the blazer though? lol[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You can pick up a junkyard headliner and upholster it yourself. I recently did the one in my grandfather's K5 in velour with 1/4" padding. Total cost - 12 bucks, got all the supplies at Wally world.

[​IMG]

11. 89k5blazr

89k5blazr Registered Member

Thanks- I was looking to have it professionally done... One thing i cant stand is a saggy headliner.

12. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

A confederate flag would be pretty cool. But I'm sure all the liberals at my school/neighbor hood would think I'm a racist or something if I did that on mine [​IMG]

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Lara,I like your Texas flag idea that sounds really cool, just gave me some ideas about mine its a74 so theres no headliner just fiberglass, something like that would be cool though![​IMG]