Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heads up CK5rs Greg72 is on a cross country run.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thunder, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Just thought I'd post here in the garage so everyone can see.
    Greg72 is driving cross country in his Burb towing his Blazer. Going to be quite a tow in the middle of the summer.
    Got a call from him around 6 last night. he said he was broke down near where I lived with a bad Alt and water pump. Parts stores close early around here. i couldn.t get the right Alt. So I got some battries and water and headed out to do a rescue mission.
    We made it into town ok and got them set up into a motel next to 2 auto parts stores. They were able to get the parts they needed today and we got everything fixed ok. Sort of..........
    We had to do a R&R on the water pump twice becauce Carquest sold us a bad pump with a crack in it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
    But it went pretty fast the second time around and they got back on the road OK /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]
    Greg and Ken still smiling after installing 2 water pumps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So if any of you guys who have met Greg on his other cross country trip get a call in the night it wont be the bogey man. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    They will be traveling I-80 east then turn off somewhere in the East and head to New Hampshire.
    They should be somewhere near Salt lake City UT now.
    Good Luck and keep safe Greg and Ken.

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on!

Good luck Greg! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

Any Idea what route he will take? I'm guessing I80 to I90 thru the northern part of New York state, If he takes Rt17 along the NY PA border It goes right by my house. I'd like to help if he needs it. If he goes I90 that goes by Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse Albany. There's some folks up that way that are members. Anyway of finding out his route?

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

That's really cool. Good luck Greg and if I'm anywhere near your route and you need some help, i'll be ready.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Greg said he would post up later on in his trip if he could get to a puter. Not sure of his exact route. But he is taking the most direct and easy way from the Bay Area Calif to NH beings he is towing that big ol Blazer.
    I'm sure we will hear form him somewhere along the way.
    I know on his last trip east he visited with quite a few of us on the way.
    [​IMG]
    Caught in the act

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Good luck Greg.
    Nice to know CK5 members are close by when you need a helpin hand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[​IMG] we are standing by [​IMG]

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I met Greg and Ken the other day when he had both his burb and K5 at the dyno shop. That burb is CLEAN! and the K5 is pretty darned hardcore. Both are real nice guys and I hope they make it the rest of the way without much problems. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

DAMN, DAMN, DOUBLE DAMN!!! Greg should have taken I-70 thru Kansas to stop by and see me like he did the last time. He's more than welcome to stop and stay over again if he comes my way since I'm 8 miles south of I-70.
    If anyone knows if he could/would be coming my way, shoot me a PM and I will give my number or you can give me his number. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Oh yeah, "hi" everybody! Been a while I posted up here. All is well and I've been enjoying my R/C collection thus far. At the moment, we are in the finishing stages of remodeling our home as we will be putting it up on the market in about 3 or 4 months to look for a much needed larger home and shop. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Carquest, always there to lend a helping hand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Get the heavy duty reman water pump, it's better than a new one and cheaper, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hate to say it but it was the carquest HD pump we bought that had the crack in it. They usually have pretty good parts but you never know with reman parts. Its kinda like playing Russian Roulette. Every now and then you loose /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    But they made it right and got a new pump. It would of been nice if they bought Greg a tank of gas for all the trouble.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well, remans are just that way, still an old casting, just with new parts.

Everyone gets a bad part once in a while, but I'm glad to hear my carquest brothers helped Greg out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

do you have any carquest sisters?

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I met Greg last time.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm surprised he didn't post-up... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

if some one sees greg en route:
    GREG, we spoke a while back, your heading to NH, there is going to be a NEA4wd show in Contoocook, NH on July 25. there's also the annual Fall Krawl by the same assn. in september too if you want to meet up. Cant wait to see what NH has to offer. When the glaciers rolled back they puked up a bunch of boulders there but left VT w/ deep soil (mud!).

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I do, there hasn't been one work the counter at my store ever since it opened in the early 70's.

There are some stupid bitches that work at the warehouse but they don't know what they're talking about and they usually have bad news for me when they call, "uhh...we don't have that part."

17. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Don't know if you still have my number Greg, but if you get stuck in NJ on Route 80, give me a shout.

18. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone gets a bad part once in a while, but I'm glad to hear my carquest brothers helped Greg out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't presure check them??

19. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't presure check them??

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you I've never had an issue with one to date. I would be willing to say that one was likely dropped by an employee damaging it.