Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headunit for 89-91 burb or k5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by eclipse, Sep 5, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

My wife's 89 burb still has the factory head unit in it. I liked it and I was just going to get a cd changer and use a crossover I have to hook up some amps, but the volume on it is starting to freak out so I took my old eclipse cd player out my 77. The decks in my burb is taller and I'm not sure how I"m going to mount it.

My friend at the stereo shop showed me this big ugly backet for my burb that is 45 bucks, I dont really want spend that or put that big ugly bracket in there. Has anyone done anything custom mounting?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you can remember what the big ugly assed bracket looks like, make your own that is slim and nice looking.

I don't have any pics and it was yrs ago, but I made a custom bracket for a 72 C20 that I had. Made it out of aluminum. Painted it to match the accenting colors of the interior. Turned out pretty slick.

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Yep. You can pretty much either go buy that Metra style bracket (sand it and paint it to match if you dont like the looks, cover with carbon fiber, etc etc), or you can fab up your own similar bracket out of whatever mat'ls you want.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Look on Ebay, I believe Pioneer and a few others make headunits that will fit without a dash kit.