Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heard something weird today and I want to check... badlands related

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Jul 30, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I heard through the grapevine (maybe its public I dont know), that Mike Raisor bought the Badlands? He's been running around buying up auto dealerships and all kinds of things. Just curious if anyone knows if this is true or not? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 8t7jimmy

8t7jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I personal know the owners father (Jerry Myers), and Troy will never sell the Badlands. In addition to the Badlands Troy and Jerry own most all of the land all around the Badlands. Some of the land is Jerry's farm land, and the rest is family houses and some private trails. If they had their way, I think they would buy more land. They have purchased more property in last couple of years.

Ryan

3. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

No, I can't see Troy selling, but anything is possible. Sounds like a rumor. I'll ask today! I'm taking my son to ride quads.

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Sorry, could not find Troy, and Lisa was busy. No info.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Cool I thought it sounded a little fishy but raisor has been buying up dealerships everywhere lately (pontiac, ford, chevy, caddy and then the polaris dealer...) /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Cool deal /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I wished they did sell the place. Its not a great place to ride, but it is a nice place to ride and I will not be back as long as Troy and Lisa still own it. Oh well.

7. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Just curious, what didn't you like about it, I've been there alot, and it has always been a great place to wheel.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

No kidding, they've always been top notch when i was there. Troy even went as far as to give me some small used parts to fix my junk the first time I was there. Now that's good quality service.

9. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Not speaking for Hustler. I have found out through my duties of Membership Director for the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association that many people enjoy wheelin' and drinking, either before, during or after. Troy and his crew do not tolerate it and many people, even locally, don't like it. So they make statements like this also. Having been north, south and east, there are not many places where you can go off chamber into trees and get stuck in deep mud on wooded trails, then rock crawl on some narly terrain and rock hills, then shift up to 4 high and roster tail on the sand hills all in the same day let alone on the same trail. What more do you want. BEER?

Why would selling to different owners matter? BEER?

10. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I have run into the same thing, Mark. I honestly do not know of any nicer people than Troy and Lisa. But, there are always some people you can't make happy. Sure, I miss the days when we could go out there and camp and wheel overnight, etc., but a few idiots put an end to that for the rest of us.

Heck, when I broke my foot out there (freak dirt bike accident), Lisa gave me an "ambulance" ride, and Troy loaded up my stuff and took my truck to the hospital, so I could just go home from there. This is just one example. They are great people who give a lot back, and I'd sure hate to see them ever sell the Badlands and have things change.

What's your beef, Hustler?

11. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I dont personally know them... but they allowed one of my club members to look through spare parts, etc.
    Only been there twice... but I will be sure to go back again.

Whats the beef?
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have been gone for a little while. Here is my beef with the Badlands. I use to have some big Jamboree's there for atv's. The 6x6 & 8x8 atv's. They, Troy and Lisa, would tell us one thing to get us to go there, then tell us something different when we got there. They have promised us night rides, then not give us them. They have promised us discounts and then not give us them when we show up. Since our atv's are not the normal atv's, they would give us our own rules then after showing up tell us the rules that they gave us in no good and "if we didn't like it to not come anymore". That quote was from Lisa. So I don't go there anymore. I would have 3 to 4 rides there every year and ave 100+ atv's with an ave of 3 rides per atv. Now we go to Haspin Acres which is a better place to ride. We also go to Rockport which is also a nice place to ride and cheaper plus some other parks. That is why I don't go there anymore.

For anyone that has tried to put a ride/Jamboree together, you know how tough it can be. When you get info and post that info to get people to show up and then when everyone shows up, the info you gave out is no longer good. It makes you look bad, not the park. So after 4 times of them screwing us, I don't go there. I do like the place as for as the trails and everything.

13. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Sorry things didn't work out for you. Doesn't sound like Troy and Lisa from what I know of them.

How come you didn't have the special rules, discounts, etc. in writing?

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The snotty attitude of all the employees there except Roger and Jesse in the shop have almost turned me away completely. I have never met Troy or Lisa but those two little snotty bitches that work at the front desk really piss me off sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I am sure you were nothing less than a gentleman to them /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Its funny how many people you have bad experiences with that everyone else gets along with /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Feel free not to show up to the Badlands any more /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

actually Tyler, i was with Tim the last two times he checked in. and he was very civil towards them, as was the rest of our group. the girls at the counter were just being bitches to everyone in the office. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Dont see how they could be bitches to you, all you do is give them money and sign a form. If you are unhappy with them, tell the owners and move on, simple as that.

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

their general attitude towards everyone was bitchy, even to each other. its almost as if we were a burden on them for even showing up. saw one guy the first time we went ask a question about the rules, as it was his first time there. she responded to him like he should already know the rules. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't mess with anybody in the office on account they might sick that freaking monster of a St. Bernard on you
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[bobandtomvoice]aw, he's prolly just a big sweetie! [/bobandtomvoice]