Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heard you had something to fix my axle problem

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by desertrat67, Jun 13, 2006.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Mr Watson, The two holes were the studs go on my D60 front have stripped out(the ones in the housing). I have heard you have a fix for this and was wondering what it was. IF you don't and I heard this eroneously then just tell me to bug off. Thanks,

ryan

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

Get you some heli coils or you could possibly drill and tap it larger ....
    Ie , No ORD does not make a fix for that .

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

someone in another forum said stephen had somthing for this, the only reason i asked. thanks.

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I just had to heli coil the front hole...did the rear one 6, 7 months ago....

5. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

If ORD can't set you up then PM me and I can. You will need to have a couple things go your way for a step-stud repair:

1. The existing factory holes need to be positioned in the center section so that there's enough material to tap a 3/4-10 hole 1" deep. I have seen diffs where there was plenty of room for a step-stud and others the tap would break out the side.

2. You need to have the ability to tap a 3/4-10 hole ...ie...drill,tap,drill press and a small amount of machining ability.

3. You need to know how thick your front spring pack is and if your going to use a Zero rate to determine overall stud length.

Sorry for the high-jack on the ORD sub-page but desertrat67 has been trying to cure this problem for awhile now and I have fixed some locally like this.

Jeff

6. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

thanks for the reply. I will be getting a hold of you as soon as I get my burb home and can measure the spring pack thickness. i will also have a look at the housing to see if it is thin in that area or not.