Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heart Attack

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skratch, Aug 23, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

My wife just had a "mild" heart attack tonight.

She came home from running errands and complained her chest hurt so she laid down.
    About an hour later I could see she was still in pain, and she said it hurt worse and now her arm was numb.
    So I took her and all four kids down to the hospital where all her tests came back concurrent with a heart attack, but the Dr. still says he doesn't know what caused it.

The good news is she's home now, after a long wait while they kept an eye on her and gave her some medication.
    Hopefully this will be the last of it for us, but I know better than to get my hopes up.
    She's only 30 doesn't smoke, drink . . . has good BP and Cholestorol, so I'm at a loss as to how this could have happened.

She scared me more than I could ever be.
    I don't ever wanna think about having to raise all four of our kids on my own again.

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

That sucks man. Tell her we said "hope she feels better"

Did you mention anything about building a buggy or buying another K5?? j/k man...sorry

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Good to hear she's back home again. Hope everything stays good.
    I had to call the ambulence for my wife once, don't want to do that ever again. So, I know how you feel. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear she's doing OK now and it was only mild.

Is the cardiologist going to do a stress test?

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

My ex use to think she was having a heart attack but they were panic attacks. Oh how I wish it was real /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    She's only 30 doesn't smoke, drink . . . has good BP and Cholestorol, so I'm at a loss as to how this could have happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry to hear that Man. When I had Mine I had good cholestorol and blood pressure. Mine was caused from muscle spasms that closed off the artteries. Doc said it was probably from food poisoning in My case.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI hope she gets better soon... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

glad she is home and i hope she is doing better. make her go in and get more testing done /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah sorry to hear that... hope she feels better soon!

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

sorry man. hope she gets better.

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

hope shes better soon /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear your news. My bet would be it's stress. She sounds like my friend. She was 38 and had one. Stress sucks and can do some crappy things to you.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sorry to hear that, I hope it turns out alright and you find the cause asap.

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

my family's hopes and prayers are with your wife and your family,best wishes /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wow glad she is ok

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Glad she's ok now. Keep an eye on her. Get more tests done.

17. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My ex use to think she was having a heart attack but they were panic attacks. Oh how I wish it was real

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN BROTHER!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys.

This week we have a follow up with our family Dr. and hopefully we'll get to see a cardiologist too and get some follow up testing done.
    Regardless of what they say we are definatly seeking more testing to find out what caused this.

She's been really sore all day and still light-headed/dizzy. But her HR and BP have stabilized so that's good.
    I guess from everything I've been able to asertain so far, we got there soon enough that the medication they gave her broke up the blockage quickly without her suffering too much damage.

I guess that given the fact that I'm pre-diabetic and at risk myself, we'll be drastically changing our diet around here. Maybe I can even loose some weight now!

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sad news, my friend, extent greatings from your ck5 family and wish her well.

i worry about it too i have heart desease in my family, conjenital heredatary haert desease i think, my moms father died of it, i need to sa=marten up i think, can happen so young now it seems.

keep calm your self /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

When my youngest was born everything went crazy. One minute it was a routine delivery and the next she was on an operating table. Very scary stuff. Good to hear she's home and I feel your pain. Take care.