Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heartburn sucks!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 26, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It hurts so freaking bad. I am so tired, I laid down just got comfortabel and bam hit with horrible heartburn. I rarely get it and haven't eaten in hours. I chugged milk, chocolate milk(helped most), mylanta, soda(make me burp), and took some advil but its still killing me. Anyone have an idea? I can feel it in the back of my damn throat. Damn I'm tired.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I was sittin on the sh**ter at Lot O Spice restaurant here in Cheyenne, when I got a huge heartburn attack... the guy in the stall next to me heard me saying "god damn heartburn" and tossed some TUMS over the wall. He said try this, it really works. So then I say, "Thanks, but shouldn't I talk to a doctor first?" and then HE says, "I am a doctor."

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

/me cranks up static X and throws a bottle of tums at caps head.
    I wish I had something more than mylanta, that stuff sucks.

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Maalox or Tums.

Advil won't help at all. Mylanta should have helped some.

You can have heartburn whether you've eaten or not. Your stomach still makes acid, and if you have an incompetent cardiac sphincter (valve at junction of stomach and esophagus) the acid can come up.

If you're really having a hard time with it, you could buy some Pepcid over the counter and see if that helps.

Oh, and milk makes it worse. Yes it makes it feel better for just a little bit, but then it makes it worse.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its slowly getting better and I have no license so I can't go get something. oh well next time I'm out I'm stocking up this is the second time I've been kept up by it in the past 2 months and thats enough for me.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I know if I drink too much water I get it, no chugging of the water ,sipping only.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Shakin not stirred right /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm slowly feeling better, since I can't sleep anyway I went and pulled the tailgate off the blazer at 2 am. Not going back on so just unbolted it and let its own weight remove it. Too bad my previous rust repair removed the holes for a pickup tailgate, now I don't know whats gonna happen.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

get one of those nets... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your stomach still makes acid, and if you have an incompetent cardiac sphincter (valve at junction of stomach and esophagus) the acid can come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you need to get your BRB sphincter plugged up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I get it quite often, doctor prescribed Prevacid.Works great.One pill a day...................

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How's your breathing especially at night in bed? Do you wheeze while sleeping? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I ask all this info because I had the exact same problem. My breathing was crappy and I had frequent heartburns, almost everytime I finished a meal. I'm not talking about those mild burns, but rather the hard serious ones. Didn't matter what I ate, I had the burns. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Went to a doctor for a physical once for a job thing and while there, the dr. discovered my breathing problem. Had me blowing in some machine to test the ........ whatever and I was failing that test big time. Told me I had ASTHMA! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Yep, sure enough, after prescribing Singulair for me, my heartburns went away! Never had anymore burns and I was back to pigging out on all the food I loved! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have run out of my monthly supply of prescription before and either forgot to fill it back up or it was the weekend and those few days I was off the pills, the heartburns came back. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This I know for a fact with my burns, its all ASTHMA related. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no I breath well. Heartburn is normally rare for me but I got it again today while at work. Luckily the boss keeps Alka Seltzer at work, threw it in some water and used it and it helped big time, got rid of it right away. I should have grabbed a few packs to keep at home.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahaha that twas funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif