Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heat/defroster questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jonski, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jonski

jonski Registered Member

When I bought my K-5, the fan didn't work. After changing the blower motor yesterday, all is well with the fan now. By the way, changing the blower motor on these trucks is easy.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like the vent, heat and defroster blow any different. They all seem like the blow out of the dash vents...don't feel much air from the lower heat ducts or the top window defroster vents. Anyone know what would cause that?

Thanks,
    Jon

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. jonski

jonski Registered Member

Thanks, that was the info I was looking for. Now to get off of the computer and check it out.

4. jonski

jonski Registered Member

After reading all the information from the last posts, I tore my ducts apart and found the same small white plastic clip that broke in everyone elses trucks, broke in mine too. Now to just figure out a good way to rebuild it.

Again, thanks for the great info guys. This website has been a great help for me so far.

Jon

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Go to the dealer and pick up that clip for around a dollar. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif