Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heat question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86gmcjimmy, Dec 24, 2004.

1. 86gmcjimmy

86gmcjimmy Registered Member

i put in a mechanical temp gauge my heater core sprung a leak put a new in. I was running at the most 185deg in town on the highway about 165deg replaced the thermostat it was a 180deg with a 195deg. so it gets warm now but now i have no heat it cold. what do ya think I think there might be an air pocket thats about the only thing i can think of. I pressure tested it. and i got 3/4 of the radiator covered and it will just not get hot enough im going to be driving through a lot colder weather than here so if it runs that cool now its only going to cooler. so what do ya think. help would be greatly apprciated.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Did you hook up the heater core correctly. Is it possible you disconnected a heater control cable and forgot to put it back on? Did you plug your blower motor back in? Make sure you hooked everything up right first.

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Yeah, you may have screwed up the duct work so the air doesn't pass through the heater core.

Feel the in/out hoses on the fire wall when the truck is hot, if they are hot its probably not an air bubble.