Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heat Riser, do I have one?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Madbomber88, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Trying to order headers, need to know if I have a heat riser. Stock TBI 350 on my 90 K5.
    Did my truck come with one?

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

If it is still stock, the heat rise connects the air-cleaner by way of a flexable tube to the manifold to suck in warm air off the manifold until the engine warms up. [​IMG] See the silver piece under the heater hose on the header? That is what it looks like. If you intend to remain smog legal, you will need it.

3. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

Thanks Fred, just order the thorley headers. Also got a high flow cat from Catco, the only one summit had. Is that a good choice or is the one in LMC from Heddman better? I just don't want any restrictions after my headers are on. already have a catback from flowmaster

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

i have a catco...all i can say is it hasnt passed in the last two years, dont know if its related or not

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Is there a sniffer test in Lubbock??? I have twin catco cats(don't know the PN, but their only about 8" long) and my K5 passed the visual inspection in Austin.