Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heat Shield??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Max, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

Howdy all,
    The floor on the cab of the jimmy gets hot as frigggggg. Any suggestions on what kind of heat shield to put down? it needs to be water proof as its topless a lot /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TIA,
    Alan

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I used this stuff to shield my electric fuel pump and filter.It's a little close to my exhaust so I made a metal shield and lined it with the matting.I used a 3M spray adhesive.It's a little expensive but it works well for me.Got it from Summit.Here is the ad.Hope it helps.
    [​IMG]
    Keep the important stuff cool.

The Heat Screen mat's double sided aluminized radiant construction provides superior heat protection. One side protects from direct heat sources up to 1,000 degrees F, while the reverse protects against radiant sources up to 2,000 degrees F.

Sold individually.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Specs

Length 36 in.
    Width 40 in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warranty

Design Engineering warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase.

At Summit Racing Equipment, we do business based on a very simple idea. If you're not 100% satisfied with our products, prices, or service, we'll give you your money back--GUARANTEED! Just return any new or unused part to us within 90 days from the date it was shipped to you, and we'll refund the full purchase price. (Excludes custom-ordered parts.)