Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heated 02 sensors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by leadvillek5, Apr 30, 2005.

1. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

okay i did a search but came up short. i'm getting ready to fab my dual exhaust system. it will be flow tech headers with 2.25" or 2.50" tube and balance tube. i want to install the 02 sensor in the balance tube. need to now what sensor p/n to use? and how to wire it? since the orginal o2 sensor is only one wire and is not heated. please someone point me in the right direction. this is going in my 89 k5 tbi

lancer

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

go to the cfm tech website...... there is a writeup on this exact conversion...

i found my idle happens quicker so the heated o2 sensor must be doing something different than the 1 wire....... but i dont think there is a super gas savings like they hope for

cam

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

"AFS-74 is the delco number of the 3 wire that is recommended by a few on this forum."

Off thirdgen.org.

4. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

thanks i didnt even think of cfm.com. i checked on third gen also. thanks again guys

lancer

5. V1500

V1500 Registered Member

What's the URL for that website?