Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heated Mirrors?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Nov 14, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Anyone know who sells em?

In Maine we need these kinda things

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Simply get a hair dryer and cut off the plug part and connect a lighter plug to it. "VOILA!" Homemade heated mirrors!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

haha, maybe like 10 lighter plugs so you have enough voltage to run the thing.

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

my employer's company trucks have em'. the power cord is zip tied to the mirror mounts and runs into the door via a plugged ax-cess hole. each side is some how tied together and is controled by a switch mounted on the dash. now here is my idea : buy a couple of those heated battery type mats, silicone them to the back of the mirrors, zip tie cords to mirror mounts, drill holes through door, run wires maybe to power window hole or speaker hole in side of door, connect each side to fuse box and switch. mount switch in location of choice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifwhatcha think ?

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

btw, pre-made mirrors are pretty pricey. check out my past posts, i did one on this same subject. some one provided me with a link to prices.