Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heated O2 sensor install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 8, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Should I put an inline fuse on the power wire for the heater? If so what size do you guys think? Also what about installing a 4 wire sensor? I was reading and it only seems to be better than the 3 wire(has another ground for the signal wire so it has less interference). Has anyone run a 4 wire? Thinking I may be the first to test it out.

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Sled dog,
    you got most the same questions i do. Im going with the wiring harness from AFI. Should be here in two weeks. Id imagine you should put a fuse in there. It cant hurt anything. Im also going with the 3wire, because im running headers. Other than that, im no help.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I would think you'd want to run a fuse a few steps down from the gauge of the wire.

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I put a 3wire heated o2 sensor in my 71.I've switched to TPI so that's why I have a o2 sensor.

Here's a link to the pic's when I installed it.Captions to each pic. are under the pic.
    Click HERE

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005