Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heated Seats?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan B., Jan 27, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Okay, I went snowboarding with my buddy and we took his new yukon. It had some electric heated seats that were bad ass.
    I was thinking about getting some out of a new suburban and putting em in my K/5, but I already have some cool electric seats, i like, that just need to be re-upholstered...
    So my question is, anyone know where to get some small 1' X 1' 12V heating pads that i could put in the seats between the padding and the material when I get them re-upholstered?

That would be sweet for those cold nights with the top off.
    What do ya guys think?

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]
    1972 K/5
    Ryan B.

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

Sportsmens' Guide lists a "Massage Cushion w/ Heat &amp; Magnets, Black," for $29.95 each. Runs off the cigar plug. Straps on over the seat. It even vibrates so you can simulate the off road experience while stuck in the rush hour crawl. (LOL) www.sportsmansguide.com or 1-800/888-.30'06<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BluThndr71JMMY on 02/02/02 11:42 PM.</FONT></P>

3. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I have no idea where to get 12V hot pads. A friend of mine has a Lexus and he always screws with the passenger's. He turns the heat all the way up on the passenger's side and watches them squirm as they try to figure out why their butt is on fire. Good luck finding something that will work. Maybe you can add one of those seat vibrating massage pads too.
    Jeff

4. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

Sounds funny, but check your local pet store. They sell an under-tank heater made for reptiles. It's made for 115v @ 60Hz but I'd be willing to bet you can make it work with a 12VDC input.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I was at wal- mart the other day and they had heated seat cushions that went on like those bead things. I didnt think about you until my wife and I got home and I saw my blazer. You could get those and either strip em down or just shove em in between your seats layers, just thought you would want to check it out.
    later dude
    nathan