Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater/AC Box??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, May 26, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I want to totally remove the Ac from my truck. The fiberglass heater box and Ac box are connected. Are there any trucks out there that came factory with out ac, that I might be able to use that heater box?? Does anyone know if I will be able to find one and if it would work?

2. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Does anyone understand what I am looking for?? I re-read the post and it does sound a little confusing...

3. EODBRIAN

EODBRIAN Registered Member

heres probably what not to do. i have an 85 and the ac was shot and the heater leaked water all over the cab. during an engine swap, i decided to eliminate both the heater and ac, and covered the opening with sheet metal. not too bad for down here in the hot climate of texas. except when it rains, as i now have now defroster either. i keep a rag to wipe the fog off the windows handy. now im headed to indiana. im in the same boat as you. im startin' to search the boneyards. good luck.

EODBRIAN

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

The easiest thing to do is to cut the pipes going into the ac unit and seal it up. That's how my 85 is. I know it gives you a lot more room if you were to take it all the way out, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound