Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater/AC vent vacuum lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheMadOx, Mar 9, 2007.

1. TheMadOx

TheMadOx Registered Member

Anyone have a link for information on where all the vacuum lines from the AC/Heater controls go? My Blazer was bought as a rolling chasey and put together from parts so it really never had the lines hooked up so I have NO IDEA where anything goes:confused: . Thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. TheMadOx

I guess what I am really trying to figure out is WHERE DO I HOOK THE VACUUM LINE UP AT?!?!?!?! This is driving me silly. I have a broken line going through the firewall of the the truck. I have checked online, LMC, Chilton and so on and not one mention of where this vacuum line goes to. If I can get off work early enough today I am going to go to the junk yard and see if I can figure it out if no one here knows.:confused:

3. Kiqman

Kiqman 1/2 ton status

I remember this coming up last year. I know the climate control gets vacuum and maybe the cruise control. Try searching for a while. And fill out your user information so we know what you're working with here. Is this a 1969 or a 1991? Every little bit helps. If some of the guys on here don't know then nobody does. Good luck. I hate vac and electrical probs!

4. TheMadOx

I figured someone here has got to know. I have a 79 full size Blazer. It has the vacuum switch for defrost, heater, vent and so on that controls the actuater. There is a single line that comes throught the firewall that supplies te vacuum for the dash switch. That line was cut when I bought the tub and I have no idea where it would attach to to supply the vacuum. All I want is for is for it to be able to switch between defrost and heater when needed and for it to do that is has to have the vacuum line attached. UUGGHHHH!!!

5. Kiqman

Kiqman 1/2 ton status

On my 89 that line coming through the firewall for the actuator just hooks into the vacuum "T" above my distributor. From the "T" it goes into the main vacuum line for supply. I think you can plumb it in anywhere that has sufficient vacuum supply. Like the tubing that leads to your charcoal canister, cruise, etc (if you have these items)