Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Box Vacume Lines\Everything

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 15, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

My heat box is missing a few pieces and the defroster vents on the top of the dash arent blowing any air out of them.

I was wondering if anyone had a diagram that I could look at that includes where the vacumme lines from the heater controls go to

It is very cold outside and it take forever to get the ice melted off of the windshield.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I just have that feeling that no one has what i need to figure out my problem.

I know it hasnt been that long since I posted this but when I search most of the heater questions are un answered.

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Wait a bit, its only been a few hours since you first posted. If nothing else someone here can help you out, and if not take pictures of their setup. Usually by the time I get home its dark but I will try to help out if I can. What happens exactly? The blower motor comes on but no air? No heat only? regular air only? do you have a/c? Some of these questions may be irrelevant but it will give us a better idea of what you got goin on.

4. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

Down below the jockey box, over the tunnel you can see one of the actuator levers. remove the screws on the panel the lever goes through,
    there's a white nylon retainer (G.M. #3018715) on the end of the lever with a nail running through it. When replacing the nail, it's easier to install if you use as small piece of soft wood for the sharp end to push into between the pliers.

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Its for my 73 Blazer with A\C I started ripping at it and found that the plastic piece that opens the flap is broken.
    Thanks Rocknutah for the part number I will be needing that part:D .

I started ripping into it for a very short time because its sleeting outside and dark, it's my DD so I cant afford to go without the heat(It works just doesnt switch to the defrosters on top).
    I found that there was a small rodents nest inside and cleared it out the best i could see.

The hot air comes out of the peice by the floor(Middle section) and one of the center airducts through the dash but not the top piece as mentioned before or the other ducts.

When I try and open the vent flap it doesnt open I see that its ran by an orange lined vacumme line but im not getting anything out of it(Located on the passenger side where the kick panel is).

Really all I need is a diagram of where all of the vaccume lines go because I think that is one of the problems other than that plastic peice that's busted.

One of the vacume line i traced to an outside (in the engine compartment)
    valve thinga majigger above the fan.

I would like for the heating\ac functions to all work properly as im tired of waiting for it to melt the ice and heat up the truck.

Thanks for all the help looking forward to hearing some opinions on what else to look out for on these heating systems as far as things that are prone to wearing out and such.

Everything is factory as far as heating in this truck but the ac compressor has been ripped out though.