Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Core Bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BulldogK5, Feb 27, 2007.

1. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did a search and came up empty.

Called several parts houses including a dealer trying to locate the bolts with a built in clip that attaches to the interior side of the heater core housing. The lower two on mine bent on one and twisted on the other when removing them. GM said the part has been discontinued and parts places don't really understand.

Has anyone run into this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. I am not sure if a bolt w/a fender washer would work or not. Just curious before I go and call a friend who is a GM parts rep to find them.:rolleyes:

Thanks

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I tried a bolt with a fender washer and it broke the plenum box. I could never find a source either please let me know if you find some

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't help with a source, but it LOOKS like the piece was part # 3024884, "STUD, W/Clip, Htr Evap Mt."

No luck on google myself, you MIGHT try calling another dealer, I remember a few years back dealers could check stock at other dealers, it's possible there are some sitting on a shelf somewhere. :(

4. BulldogK5

Where did you get a part #. All I have to go by is the schematic breakdown from the dealer and all it says is (33). My old neighbor now lives in St. Louis and will help as long as I give him all of the info I can.

blazinzuk: How many do you need, all three or less? If he can get some for me I will gladly (funny word) get some extras for you.:D

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It's out of my GM '85-88 parts manual.

As a matter of fact, that's the number on the illustration in my book as well. :)

6. BulldogK5

cool. Thanks.:wink1:

7. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I used a 4 1/2" angel grinder on my heater core bolts(CAREFULLY)to remove the heater core then replaced them with 1.5" 3/8 bolts.1 1/2hrs for the whole job.that was 2yrs. ago and there have been no problems of any kind.Good Luck!