Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Core Box Removal?? Need help ASAP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnnyFresno, Oct 18, 2002.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

How do I remove the heater core box from inside, it has 3 flat top screw type thingies I cant get undone. I removed the 1 bolt on the right side but the box wont budge. It says they are mounting screws ANy helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks running out of light to work with here /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Beat me to it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah the combination of that great article and the haynes manual make it a quite easy job..
    sure is a pain since you have to do a little in the cab, do a little in the engine bay and back and forth...
    but its worth it to get rid of that fishy smell in the cab...

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

They're studs. The nut is on the outside.

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Take very carful look, there's a combination of studs with nuts, and bolts. Some you'll need to remove from the outside (engine compartment), and some from the inside. There's quite a few of them, so look carfully. There's also a nice hidden one thats difficult to remove underneath the blower box, outboard on the lower side on the outside of the firewall, in the engine compartment. Its almost in the fender...the article mentioned above covers it though...

BlazerMan