Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heater core probs. little bolts giving me heck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, May 13, 2002.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

they are like clips or some crap i can't get them out.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Ddi you loosen all of them? There are like 3 nuts on the fireewall and maybe 3 bolts, and then a few from the inside. Did you disconnect the hoses from the firewall? Mine were glued on, and i had to yank that thing as hard as I could to get the hoses to pull through the firewall. Also, the stud things could have some of that putty on them which is making them stick. Just force it! It'll come out.

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well man, I tried everything, I nearly got out a cutting torch /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Anyhow, I took the black stuff off the fire wall on the other side, went under it tried to pry. They are like clips or something, I looped my awesome hose back in with a connector hehe.

I am still not sure what to do, I don't need a heater right now, but hey, i still gotta have one 8)

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Read Grim's article in the tech section carefully. The clips are on the heads of the bolts that hold the housing in place on the inside and they extend through the fire wall into the engine compartment. If you don't know where to look, they are easy to miss. The one that is under the A/C unit is almost impossible to see.