Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Core

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Aug 6, 2004.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok IIRC the heater core comes out from the eng side in a Pre 1987 truck ..
    I have a 1988 C1500 and the heater core looks to come out from the inside occupant area...
    So what is involed to get this SOB out...I am not talking about sizes of sockets or that but does the almost whole fan motor asst have to come out...

Maybe this /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gifor this /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gifor /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Heater core in my 76 came out thru the cab side. Grimmy did a write-up on it some time ago that walks ya thru it that's posted somewhere on the board.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I used this to help me Then I just posted questions as i went a long that I could not figure out /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Are you working on the 88 or the pre-87?

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you working on the 88 or the pre-87?

[/ QUOTE ]

88,Thanks I got it but What a PITA...
    Not real hard but there are 2 7mm screws that my hand couldn't almost reach and ended up susting them out to get the cover off..
    Then when putting it back in the screw/clamp that goes intot he PLASTIC busted ...So it was muffler tape to the rescuejust used that and pinned it in the box then put cover back on....WHAT A PITA