Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Core

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyUp, Apr 2, 2002.

1. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

My heater core finally went Tits Up and I need to get cracking on it. Anybody know where I can get a replacement core? Also, I should mention that I have AC if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Oh-yea, how much can I expect to spend on the replacement?

Regards,
    Scott

2. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I'm not sure what area you are from. I know there is a place in Fremont, Ca that has them in stock for around $35. That is the price for a heat core without air. I remember asking the price for one with air and I don't know the exact number but it wasn't much more.

ak7

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i have the second generation, but i got mine at autozone for $30 but it is a pain in the a$$ to get to. good luck

NITRO

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

All the mail order catalogs (Chevy Duty, LMC, Brothers, The Truck Shop, etc) have them and I do believe that they are different for AC and Non AC.

Please fill out your profile so we know where you are and might be able to help you a little more.

6. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

There is a difference between the ac and non-ac heater cores. I got mine from advance auto parts for about $30 and mine has factory air. They had to order it, but they can usually get it the next day. The money isn't the problem it's the time. I got a new gasket kit from LMC when I did mine and it was nice to be able to replace all the old stuff. You'll have to remove the passenger side inner fender and probably the hood. Getting the blower motor out is tuff with the hood hinge in the way. I'm no mechanic and I did it so I'm sure anyone can do it. The job took me the better part of a day and I did take my time. Have fun.

7. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

Thanks for the information. I will be tackling this at some point this month.

Regards,
    Scott

8. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

you dont have to remove the hood. you can just loosen up the bolts on the passenger side where the hood hooks on and pull it up and forward enough to get the pieces out ok.