Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater fan making wierd noises

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 28, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

When the fan in on low and the second position, it makes a wierd clicking-type noise. it is fine though on the 3 and 4th positions. Does this mean the motor is goiing. What gives? It is really starting to annoy the crap outa me[​IMG]

Chris

<font color=red>1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]
    Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red>

2. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Pull the blower motor out and check the spot where it goes. I had a similar noise and found a field mouse had decided to build a nest in there. You can also turn the motor by hand and give it a closer inspection this way. It's a really easy job to take em out and put em back in.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I had a load grinding noise so I turned it off got home tore it off and found a nest in all the ducts from mice

4. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

many times the bushing in the end of the motor housing gets dry and makes noises, but the end of the housing is sealed so you can't oil it. on the end of the motor that is exposed, in the center you can see where the bushing is, I drill a small hole in the end of the housing and put a small amount of oil in the bushing, many times this will quiet them down, put a dab of silicone over the hole to keep the dirt out till you oil it again.

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears