Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater fan on *all* the time??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Logan, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Another interesting wiring glitch... :confused:

My fan blower motor is on all the time now, whether the ignition is on or not. For now, I've yanked the electrical connector off the passenger side firewall, but that leaves me with no fan at all.

My old toyotas had a resistor pack that would go and cause weird problems like this. Do we have one, and if so where? Anyone else ran into this?

It's an 84 Jimmy sierra classic, 350 w/ AC.

Thanks!
    -Al.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

might be normal...

Most 73-87 GM trucks had a "continuous running blower" that was always on "Low" speed anytime the ignition is "on" ,despite the heater switch being in the "off" position..(I cut the wire for low speed off on my truck,because the blower motor sounded like a screaming banshee on "low!" in cold weather :haha: )..

But if yours is staying on at ALL speeds,then something is wrong!--the resistor is under the hood next to the blower motor..its possible it might have fried one of the springlike windings and they touched another terminal..one way to tell--pull the 2 screws out and look.. :wink1:

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If it's running on High all the time, the blower motor relay is stuck on. It's mounted on the underhood a/c box, just to the right of the blower motor (looking from the front of the truck).

4. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Blower on High all the time.

Beautiful -- Thanks for the info guys! I'll let you know how it works when the truck gets home.
    -Al.