Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heater fan sqweel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TC4x4, Nov 21, 2006.

1. TC4x4

TC4x4 1/2 ton status

i was driving around a parkinglot waiting for my friend and saw a huge drain area where i could test out the ole articulation and i slowly drove into it with my front right wheel and as soon as it dropped my fan swarted howling really loud ina high picted noise now when its on it howles really loud any ideas on what i should do about this or what caused it to happen thanks

2. my88texastruck

my88texastruck Registered Member

You can replace it quite easily as it is accessible from under the hood - they are available at most auto parts stores. What caused it to happen? - the bushings in them wear out causing the squeel.

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

There's a small hole in the end of the motor, a drop or two of oil in there will get more life out of it. But yea its very easy to change out.

4. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I just bought one for my sub for like 12$.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

lube er up!.

I've drilled a small hole in the end cap of the motor where the bushing is under the hood,and used a oil can to squirt some motor oil onto the bushing..this works for a awhile,then the motor will squeal again sooner or later..I got 16 years out of my howling heater blower motor in my 74 K20--just had to add a few drops of oil every fall--I never bothered to change it--it still worked!--if it aint broke I dont fix it!..:crazy: