Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEATER HELP!!! asap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok well last winter my heater worked fine, well the 1st time it was cold in the morning i went to turn on my heater, and NOTHING comes out, not the ac, not the heat, not the defrost, not the heat, NOTHING so then i tried it that afternoon to test it and it worked. some thing happend all last week, so needless to say its been a cold ride to school. so any ideas on what is happening? how would i fix it?

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If the heater core is bad, look for a write up on how to swap it by Grimmy on the tech sections on the home page.

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You just don't got heat? Look behind yer glove box for the two levers...see if you can move them yourself and get some heat. If not...read Grimmy's article and change yer heater core...also make sure that you still have the heater core hooked up....seen that before....

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Well if we're talking no fan movement then there are lots of things it could be. First of course is try another motor. Then on the side of your heater box next to the motor is a relay to kick in the fan. You can pop the cover off and try to turn on the fan and you should be able to see it close. There is the switch for your fan in the dash, the one for speed, and the main switch which turns it on and selects heat, a/c, etc. There is also a blower resistor under your dash, not sure about that but I know its there. There is also a fuse and obviously check for good connections.

Usually if its intermittent on and off then its time for a new blower motor.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Its your blower motor. Mine did that, replaced it and problem solved.

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

6. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

My blower motor went out also if it was your heater core you would mosti likely be able to smell it and see it. cehvk your ground for the blower motor I know my connection was looses and tightened it and it works just fine.

1985 GMC JIMMY