Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heater hose replacement? what is to it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Dec 15, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

ive just noticed that my heater hoses are weeping around where they mount, approximately how much are they? and what labor is involved, because the one that goes in the back of the intake manifold looks like its a bitch to get to. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

What engine are you running htat one runs to the back of your intake? Mine run to the radiator and to the front of the intake manifold. Easy as pie to change, about a 30 min deal.

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Use a razor blade to remove the old hose from the heater core. Be gentle and don't tug too hard on the pipes or you might spring a leak.

4. A heater hose on the rear of the intake must be fuel injected and in that case the hose on the manifold will be held on with a quick conect fitting. If so you will want to replace the fitting allso. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

well i tighened some of the hose clamps up a wee bit, they were loose /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, and i drove it around for about a half hour, stoped in a parking lot and checked it, nothing, so i hope that is all it was /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

the one on the intake manifold isn't really that hard to take off. it's the price of a new one that hurts. i think they said 50 some odd dollars for a new one with that metal piece on it. I went to the local parts store and got a nipple fitting that screws into the place of the one on the intake. it was a 1/2" nippe, and i want to say either 7/8's or 3/4" thread. saved me about 45-50 bucks too.

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Just put some duct tape on it and splice in some garden hose. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif