Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater hose routing HELP its cold here and i need heat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by khotmer, Oct 30, 2002.

1. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

Re: Heater hose routing? Where should they go? [re: Goose]
    10/29/02 07:40 AM Edit Reply

what do you guys think about going from the water pump to core and from rad to core?

the previous owner didnt connect it (i am guessing a bad core) but he has the temp line going to the intake and i really dont want to move it to the other side of intake if i dont have to.....

Honey, It's not for me its for the kids..... grin

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

OK, it's 26 degrees and snowing lightly, but I went out and looked under the hood of 2 of my trucks for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My '75 has a TPI setup, but it has the heater connected to the intake and the water pump. My '91 S-Jimmy has the heater connected to the intake and the radiator. I'm pretty sure that my wife's '94 Suburban is setup the same as the '91 S-Jimmy, as I put a new water pump on it recently and it didn't have a heater hose going to the water pump. My '75 has a (blocked off) heater hose connector on the radiator, so it was probably hooked there before the TPI engine swap.

What thermostat are you running? A 160 won't make much heat at all in really cold weather. A 195 is MUCH better for keeping your toes toasty! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

Thank you for looking....Not sure what the themostat is but i have it hooked up from the water pump to th coor and then to the rad....should i move it to the intake?????

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

mine is the same way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif my heat works well

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think I'd go the easy route first and drop a 195 degree thermostat in there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif