Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater hose routing? Where should they go?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by waxer@work, Oct 4, 2000.

1. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

I have my two heater hoses going in the following directions. 1: from the top of the water pump into the heater core. 2: from the manifold to the heater core.
    Are those the correct routings?

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Well, it depends what year vehicle you have. On my 86 Chevy Truck it goes from the radiator to the heater core and then from the intake manifold to the heater core. But, on my 74 Blazer it goes from the intake manifold to the the heater core and from the water pump to the heater core. It just depends where the lines connect to the cooling system.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

3. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

Anybody else? I have overheating problems and want to rule out bad heater hose routing as the cause. Thanks

4. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

On my 86, one comes from intake to heater core, the other comes from radiator to core. My opinion would be that the heater hose routing wouldnt have anything to do with over heating.

Casey 86K5

http://86blazer.coloradok5.com

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

My 76 has the hose going from the water pump to the heater core, and back to the pump.
    I don;t think it makes a diff.
    -- Mike

6. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I read somewhere that the heavy duty cooling had the routing with one hose from the radiator and the other from the intake manifold. That was how it was on my '77 with a 400 and th350. On my '73 with 350 and sm465 it connects to water pump and intake manifold. I don't think it makes that much difference.

Cruisin in my '73.

7. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

what do you guys think about going from the water pump to core and from rad to core?

the previous owner didnt connect it (i am guessing a bad core) but he has the temp line going to the intake and i really dont want to move it to the other side of intake if i dont have to.....