Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Jul 20, 2005.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I came across this heater today at work. It is the bunk heater for an old semi truck sleeper. Had to fix the motor but works good now. Might be an idea for anyone to get from a HD truck salvage.

DSC02361.JPG

DSC02362.JPG

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I had a similar one...

I put a large heater like that I got from an old school bus (it mounts under one of the seats!) into my 72 K5--it fit perfect inside a plastic milk crate,and I mounted it in the right rear corner of the bed...I could melt a foot of snow off the roof in about 10 minites after the motor warmed up!..I loved that thing!..but I almost lost my motor when the 20' heater hoses got too close to my muffler when a wire tie broke..lost all the coolant!--luckily I saw the smoke and pulled over before it got too hot!..I added shut off valves to the hoses so I could shut the heat off in warm weather--and to stop the antifreeze from being lost if the hoses or heater ever leaked.. :crazy:

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You'll also find heaters like that in the back of ambulances.

Military ambulances also have a heater in the back that runs on gasoline. :cool1: