Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heater problems 85 k5 jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pike23, Mar 31, 2003.

1. pike23

pike23 Newbie

I hope you guys can help. When I cut on the heat, it works fine on fan speeds 1-3. On the high speed for the fan it stops blowing. I have replaced the switch but still have the problem. Any suggestions?

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

you need a new blower motor relay. It's mounted on the outside of the evaperator core case near the blower motor. Just folow the cable from your motor, it will come from it. replace it and it should be fine.

ps its usually a silver coloured box about 2"x1.5"x1" or so and is made of metal and plastic.

sorry if none of this makes sense, im very tired.

3. pike23

pike23 Newbie

Thanks for your help. I'll try it and see how it works. Any idea on cost?

4. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hard to say a price, you could try a wrecking yard, most likely you'll find one. They're the same on all the fullsize trucks and most cars from 70's to early 90's with A/C. Take your old one with you and find one that matches. Or if you don't want to do that all I can say is try a dealer or autoparts store.