Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Jan 2, 2003.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

When I put my 1990 blazer into the heater mode I get heat coming both from the floor and dash vents. This problen just occured within the last month or so. Before when you put the heater into heat mode it would blow mainly from the floor vent and a little from the window defroster vent. Any ideas as to where I should look to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Dan....

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

There is a little door inside your heater plenum that controls where the heat goes. Your door should be activated by a cable or vacuum. I would start at the switch and track it down from there. This was a "hot" topic a week or so ago. There may be a little tab on you door that is broken. Try a search if you need some more info.

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

if your blazer doesn't have factory A/C, it's quite a simple set-up, a lever on your heater panel moves a cable that moves the flap in the heater box.
    An A/C set-up uses vacuum actuators that move the different flaps in the heater system, they are controlled by a vacuum switch in the heater panel.