Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heating SUGGESTIONS?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Sep 13, 2001.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

My heater is hoses are connected to the intake and the radiator as of right now, as a few fo you know I'm doing a radiator swap, the radiator that I'm putting in doesn't have the outlet for the heater, I'm thinking of taking it down to the radiator shop and having one put on it, or just plumbing it into my water pump, which would you suggest? Which is going to make the heater blw hotter, quicker? It took about 20 minutes last year in 30 to 40 degree wheather. Which way do you suggest, and why??

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

2. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

TOP Anybody????
    Anybody????
    Anybody????

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Just a hunch, but I would think plumbing the heater line to the water pump would be the way to go. Coolant circulates even when the engine is cold but the thermostat restricts flow through the radiator. I want heat long before the truck radiator gets hot.

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Yep this is what I decided too. I went ahead and took the plug out of my water pump and went down to get the right fitting. Thanks I'm glad someone had something afterall.

Thanks, (in advance)
    Hawglet
    hawglet@excite.com

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Mines run into the water pump and the intake....

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I switched mine a couple years ago when I was driving it for a few months in the winter. Did the same thing, plumbed it into the water pump and capped the hole in the rad. With no inner fenders the heater (and the motor) takes longer to warm up. Seemed to help. I also run a 190* thermostat and the little tube from the air cleaner down to the header.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd