Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy Duty Bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Nov 14, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I have seen the ad for the S.E.C. Bumpers on the site and was wondering if anybody had these bumpers on their blazers and was satisfied with them. I am wanting a heavy duty bumper for my 9000lb. Warn Winch.

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

The SEC bumpers look really tough.. I am planning on buying one here in the near future. Although I saw a ARB "enforcer" type bumper on a 4 runner here in my area.. that bumper looked sweet.. it had mount's for a winch, had the "D" military style hooks and it wrapped around the grill and kind of protected underneath near the radiator.
    I'm going to try and find pricing.. as the SEC's are pretty pricey. And I'm sure very worth it..
    As the old addage goes.. "You get what you pay for".. I usually tend to stick to that philosphy..
    Or !!! Fort Hood has a cannibalization yard where all non-operational trucks and equipment go to die for scrap.. If I can only find out if they"government" will part out with some Blazer parts... I'd be good to go.

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

3. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

This is for Rocko...
    They (The Government) has a surplus for many items at large, I've already seen a 85 suburban for sale and I think you should check it out, just don't get lost on the website.
    It's www.drms.dia.mil {U.S. Government Surplus DRMO}
    go tryum
    Michael Wiley

1977 K5 Blazer
    1975 K5 Blazer
    Running over those big waves that rocks us

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks Mike.. appreciate it.
    might make my search a little easier..

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

6. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

My truck has the Military bumpers front and back. If I get the ones from S.E.C. than I'm going to sell my military ones.

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

alrighty then.. keep me posted.. tango mike..