Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy duty junction block

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGJ, Feb 3, 2003.

1. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I need one for the electrical birds nest that has developed around the positive terminal on my battery. Anyone know of some heavy duty ones or where I can get one on the net? I've tried all of the local auto parts stores and they don't really have what I'm looking for.

BIGJ

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> McMaster-Carr sells all kinds of stuff like that. I'm sure that you'll be able to find something to your liking. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I need one too thinkin bout just tryin the junk yards for one off an older truck i think some had something like that on the firewall but not sure. i want one that has one whole row of hot and the other row as a ground so all i have to do is hook up to them for fast install and removal. That way all i got is one hot wire to battery and one to ground. i will probley end up fabin one up as ive seen none anywhere like that design. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zomibeoffroading.8m.net

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check on the firewall of the '88-'98 pickups and '92-'98 Suburbans and Tahoes. On the passenger side there's a big, black plastic cover over the fuel pump relay and power distribution block. The distribution block is pretty sweet. It has 5 or 6 posts that are all common to each other. Run one hefty wire from the battery to one of the posts, then you can power lights and stuff from the other posts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I'll be checking the yards this weekend.

BIGJ