Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy Duty Rear Shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lance, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I did a search and came up with some information. I am very interested in tomseviltwin's use of the XJ shackle from Warrior Products. I will be staying away from the "lowering" shackles by the discount auto parts sources. Are there any members out there beefing up stock units and selling them? Just looking for some possible different sources. Thanks in advance.

Lance

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I make them too, see my sig. I think there are a few others out there making them as well but the names escape me at the moment, they will probably see this thread and chime in. Most of the lowering shackles I've seen are definately "light duty".

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What about the Belltech lowering shackles? I spied a Class 8 a few years ago that was running them.

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The Belltech shackles definately look stronger than the Summit lowering shackles - but do you really need them to be dimple die stamped and powder coated? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Overkill, and they look good too. Should be worth about 20 extra ponies under the hood /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Though I'm sure if I found a cheaper product $$$ wise made to the same quality that wouldn't break down during the most crucial moment, I'd give that one a looksee.