Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy Duty Shackles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by backcountry, Jun 19, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Hello all!

My frame was not broken yet so I purchased and installed the Bolt-in Steering Box Brace Kit from offroaddesign.com. While on your site, I noticed the Heavy Duty Front Shackles and had a question concerning them.

I have a 1973 Chevy K10 Longbed Pickup that I have lifted with Superlift's 2 1/2" springs and urathane bushings front and rear. The front springs are softride however im not sure about the rear. All I know is that I asked for the softride spring kit.

After I installed everything, I noticed that the rear sits noticably higher than the front. My main objective in installing them is to raise my front end slightly to compensate for this.

This vehicle is used primairly on the street.

My question to you is: will the 1/2" difference in length of your shackles cause viberation or excessive wear on my componets or any other inherant problems?

Any and all help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My question to you is: will the 1/2" difference in length of your shackles cause viberation or excessive wear on my componets or any other inherant problems?

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, 1/2" is the max you want to go or you will start to run into problems with the front ends caster or camber. Another idea would be to run a 1" zero rate spring to give the front 1" of extra lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Don't forget that a 1/2" longer shackle will only give you a about 1/4" of lift. You probably will want the shackles for the strength and allows the springs to fully travel without frame contact and buy the zero rates to level the truck.

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Thank you guys for the info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That pretty much lines it out for you, thanks guys!