Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy-duty wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LittlePig, Jul 31, 2001.

1. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I am now looking at what wheel to use for the front of my blazer. Since I am making it a dually, the rears will be regular 16" budd rims. The fronts will be 15x10 steel rims, but what kind? Wheel Vintiques claim to be monster wheels, but their weight capacity is only 1400lbs. Does anyone know the capacity of Eatons? How about Barts? I want a wheel with at least 2500lb capacity, preferrably over 3000lb cap. But I don't want aluminum, since I will have to grind the calipers on the 8-lug axle just to get steelies to fit. Aluminum would not work. Any sugestions?

Email: littlepig@keepandbeararms.com

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Any particular reason you're not gonna use a 16" wheel up front??

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch-black...
    [​IMG] <font color=green>Semper Maintenance!<font color=black>

3. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Jarhead, in order to do the setup I want I have to use 15" wheels. I plan to run a dually axle out back, with 9/34-16 swampers. They are 33.8 inches in actual height. In order to get the front to match (since I will be running a regular wheel, not a dually-style) The only tire that matches the rear height the closest is the swamper 33x12.5x15 which is 33.7 inches in height. The 16" 33 swamper is actually shorter than the 15".

Email: littlepig@keepandbeararms.com