Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heavy Duty Winch Hook?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikey_d05, Sep 10, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Alright, I know I've seen some heavy duty winch hooks with huge sturdy gates on them and I'm 99.9% sure that Warn used to sell them. The blazer/truggy on the cover of Four Wheeler a while back was using one. The hook on the winch I bought is in questionable condition and that's no good. I'd like to upgrade if I'm gonna replace and I can't find the HD ones anywhere, anybody got a link or an off road shop they know of that carries them?

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Try and find a hardware type store that sells industrial straps and equipment etc. I got the hook for my winch at a place like that, rated at 9200 lbs working load, and I think the breaking strength is like 4 times that. I paid like $12, and its a lot bigger than the hooks that come with winches, but not super huge.

3. mikey_d05

I know the type, and I was considering one, but there are specialty hooks out there with super sturdy gates on them, not the sheetmetal ones that most of the hardware store ones come with. I was just watching UA 2004 on DVD and quite a few rigs there are using them too, some are yellow and some are red.... :dunno:

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

The guy that sells the winch rope - IIRC they had them. Just don't recall the name of the place at the moment.... :doah:

Rockstomper - that's it. Is this what you're looking for? Scroll down for the interlocking safety hookHooks

5. mikey_d05

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I don't know how I left Rockstomper out of my search. Thank you very much.

6. '71k204x4454

'71k204x4454 Registered Member