Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heckethorn Lift Questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FireKyle, Mar 13, 2007.

1. FireKyle

FireKyle Registered Member

My question is ..... Are Heckethorn and Rough Country one in the same ? I found an all spring 4" lift advertised as a Heckethorn lift , but the steering stabilizers have " Rough Country " stickers on them. Is Heckethorn a quality lift? Does anyone here run it ? How does it flex ? Does the ride quality suck? Any and all info is greatly appreciated !!! Thanks !! :D

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I believe they are in Kahoots!! :wink1: Rough country lifts sometimes use Hekthorn shocks. And the lifts live up to their name. I speak from experience (4" all spring lift) these springs are stiff and ride ROUGH!! Look at this table. http://coloradok5.com/springratetable.shtml My next springs will be Tuff Country EZ Ride. Half the spring rate as rough country. Can get Tuff Country here: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/GM73_87.htm Or from Off Road Design.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They are very rough stiff springs.

4. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

think of it this way. Heckethorn was the name in the olden days. rough country is there revamped name. Rough country has the pretty website and the advertisements in the off road magazines while heckethorn is only seen in jc whitney. Heckethorn is the older uglier cousin.

5. SUPERSUB87

and thanks for the spring table. Now im depressed. If i would of known how stiff they are i would've just bought a penis pump and a 12" superlift. :(

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a 4" Rough Country spring lift and I dont find it rough riding at all. I have never had any complaints from my passengers. It is way better than the old stock suspention. It also flexes pretty good. I did a 910 on a RTI ramp last year I dont think that is bad. I like the stiffer spring rates over the TC springs because I tow a lot. TC ez ride springs are a little too soft for towing IMO

7. SUPERSUB87

i bought mine because the website gives you all the info you need and you can order your kit with everything on it. pretty nice and cheap. It doesn't ride all that bad, but not enough flex. then again ive only had them for a year. What made me mad though is they advertised an all spring lift for 6", then you order the 56's and they send you 2" blocks. grrr. not to bad though.

8. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ive had Rough Contry in a 81 K5, 86 K5, now a 73 K20. So the springs have lasted 6 years tho I had to add longer shackles in front to compensate for the higher back end. Another spring to look into is BDS http://www.bds-suspension.com/ Supposed to have a nice ride. Superlifts feel nice but Ive heard of some sagging issues. If you plan to tow, have big bumper and/or winch you can get the Tuff Country HD springs. Still softer than ROUGH Country.

9. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

I have a RC 2" on my V2500 'Burb, blocks in rear. It rides a hell of alot better than the stock springs did. I got 500 ish just reciently on a n RTI.

10. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think there might be a difference between the old rough country and the new rough country springs. I've had my RC springs up front for almost two years. I can't say that they are overly stiff. My ride is firm, but not a kidney buster. i can't complain for the price.