Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hedman Headers HED-69890 fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Low76K5, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Low76K5

Low76K5 Registered Member

I searched the forum and it looks like Hedmans have problems in general. I wanted to see if anyone has tried this specific set.

They are thermal coated and I like that they are 14g. I have a 2WD so I imagine that would solve the shackle bolt problems many have had. I also have AC and looking at the other threads and the Summit installation footnotes I will have to grind a notch in my AC bracket.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

I've got 69092's on my jimmy. They were the $135 pair. I'm cheap, I'd like to have the coated pair though... wasn't in the budget at the time. I don't have AC but I didn't have any issues with them. They are full size headers but I was surprised at how small they were. I have a buddy that races S-10's and his headers are bigger than mine. Also had a buddy that had to dent in one of his headers to clear something. Sorry I don't remember what it was. He has a pick up though.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, I've got them.

I assume you've seen my posts on them. Pictures to go with some of them.

Anyways, I'd say 2wd would solve both issues, 2WD shouldn't add anything interference-wise, everything that is related to the front suspension (at least towards the rear of the engine) is outside of the frame, right?