Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEEEEEEELLLPPPP! (brake lines)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Aug 23, 2001.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am installing some procomp stainless brake lines on the from of my 85 jimmy. The instructions that come with them...and some on the web are INCREDBILY useless. They basically say "take old lines off, put new lines on"...geee THANKS! =( Anyway, I can not get the damn factory brake line to disconnect from the bracket that attaches it to the frame. I have it off the wheel end...and I can remove the brake like the the other end of the frame bracket, but that factory piece of poop will NOT come off the frame bracket!!! HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! What is the trick with this thing? There is a 5/8" nut on the outside which will turn back/forth about 1/8th of a turn...but something is clearly holding it onto the frame bracket...what the hell is it? There isnt a nut on the other side that I can just put an open-end on so what the heck do I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! HEEEELLLPOPPPP!!!! =(

Jason (the guy with brake fluid everywhere)

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

If I think I am reading this right there is a clip that has to be pulled out.
    It can be a PITA to get out sometimes.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Like Power Man said. there is a clip that is holding it in place.
    I just did it this weekend. It will take a little working at.&lt;PULL UP on it&gt; What ever you do, do not try to unthred it. Because there is a little groove that the factory hose sits in. (incase you were ever to go back to factory hoses) use something to pry it at an angel.

GOOD LUCK.

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

4. jekbrown

Thanks guys, the info helped a lot. Once I get these damn things on, I am gonna quit working on the Jimmy for the rest of the day...as if that annoying brake line thing wasnt enough, when I was in here writing the "help" post...it started to rain (total freak mini-storm, it was nice/sunny when I came inside, 15 mins later, downpour!)...and I had the back half of my top-less truck hanging out of the garage...with my nice MTX subs exposed... =(

Anyone need 2 very nice 12" bowls of water? =(

Thankfully the subs are kinda plastic coated...so hopefully they will survive. =\

J

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool I see you are a Bush Hacker. [​IMG]
    Hopefuly in the next month I can get more involved with the group.

6. jekbrown

Yeppers...in the OBH..technically anyway. My truck hasnt really been trail ready for like a year...and thats about how long since I have gone out with any OBH'ers. Really sucks, I wanted to do manjor wheeling this summer, but its just one prob after another. Maybe next sumer. =\

J

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

The only run I have gone on with them was the Easter run.
    Mudhog mentioned that there is a run coming up.
    There are a few Bush Hackers on CK5. [​IMG]