Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEEEELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79 K5, Aug 7, 2000.

1. 79 K5

79 K5 Registered Member

My '79 K5 was stuck in a flash flood a couple of weekends ago. The water mark was almost completely over the front seats! Since then, I've changed all the fluids (diff., transmission, radiator, oil, steering), and replaced all the gaskets. I pulled the plugs and cranked it a few times to get all the water out of the motor. Yesterday, after getting plugs back in and the tires back on, I attempted to crank it. It cranked, but wouldn't turn over. Anybody got any ideas what this could be? I know it could probably be anything considering the whole front end was probably under water, I'm just hoping someone may have an idea where the problem is. Any ideas are welcome.

Jesse
    wet K5

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There could be water in the distributor. That sounds like what might be wrong. Unplug a spark plug wire and have someone crank it. If there is no spark then there is no power so something is probably wet like the coil or ignition module. I hope this helps

90K5

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

used to do a lot of boat recovery and they got water in evey thin when they went down. One thing you need to get the motot started up and running NOW it could already be to late! you can get the water out just by draning ou the oils you need to get it started and watch the the temp on evry thing get it up to temp you shold get steam off of it for a few hours but it take time to boil the water out of every thing. If it to late it still does not hurt to try eather way thing will have to be rebuilt. after you get the motor and trany up to temp the drive it some and think wil keep dring out BUT DO IT NOW!!!!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you got it really deep you might have water in the carb, and then it would'nt start no matter what. Take the time to dry out your distributor as well.

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress