Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

heep question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 3, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i got a friend with a 91 wrangler...yea i know i know..
    but anyway hes got stock axles..33's mud terrains..and gets a nasty vibration at around 50 mph. any ideas on this..his u-joints are good..

2. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

here is your answer,
    ITS A JEEP THING!
    and r junk

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My girlfriend has an '02 wrangler. Last month she when she drove home from my hunting cabin, she said it was vibrating, but it had not been on the way up. I took it for a spin, sure enough, right as the needle passed 55 it started vibrating. She had had it in 4WD at the cabin and we had driven a pretty rutted road down to the river, so I told her to get the alignment and balance checked. She did, no prob. She took it to a dealership and dropped it off as it's still under warranty. Supposedly a "technician" checked it out and determined it's a tire problem, nothing wrong with the driveline. "The front tires are feathered." is what he told her. OK, whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif So, she's just been dealing with it for the last month or so. Well, today she got to work and theres tranny fluid all over her spare tire and dripping out the bottom of the xfer case. She tows it to a dealership and it turns out her transfer case is cracked in four different places. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Last time she took it out of 4WD, the lever went to 2WD, the transfer indicator light went out, but the jeep was still in 4. This is the story so far, we wont know what really happened 'till it 's fixed, I guess. :shrug:

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

centering pin in the rear CV? (if he has one)

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well ill send these replys his way..