Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hehe found a motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Aug 31, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

finally found my chevy inline six for my 78luv buggy project. I should be able to pick up a 250 in 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Sweet deal! You know we're gonna want to seem some pics of the buggy!

Kris

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

awesome. . . we're using a 300ci in my friend 80 F100 4x2 DUNE buggy, I'll snap some pictures tomorrow. It's torn down pretty bad. we taking the cab off, using a carrier bearing on the steering, and putting the seats about 1 foot in front of where the rear axle is now. then moving the axle as far back as possible and scooting the engine and tranny back a couple feet. then runnin front tractor tires up front and my old mickeys in the back when i get new tires.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yup i have one of the ford sixes. I built it up to 300hp and 500lbs ft, and im hooked. Small blocks are for wussies /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Yeah ill be clicking pics of the project but i dont know how far ill get on it, i still have to fix some leaks and paint my old ford, and im broke /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Alot of people don't relise the amount of torque you can get out of a inline 6 motor. For what you're building, that 250 should be a monster. Are you planning on keeping it stock, or building up that 250 ??? You can get things like a header, preformance cam, intake manifold, ... ect. Just can't remember the URL right now or I'd post a link for y'all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sweet deal! You know we're gonna want to seem some pics of the buggy!

Kris

[/ QUOTE ]
    I second that!
    < chants "pics pics pics pics pics..............." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

IIRC, Clifford Performance carries high performance stuff for them. I know they do for the 300. They make some high quality stuff. Definitly worth a look!

Kris