Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hehe luv got more powerfull

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well there i was putting in this wonderfull electronic ignition set up into my luv (even though its an 80 it still had a point distributor /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif), it goes in just fine and it startes better than it ever has, it idles rough so i regapped the plugs. It idles better than it ever has before. So i go and road test it, i hammer it getting onto the highway and end up floating the valves and reving it 6500rpm /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. My dad just starts laughing (he was helping and rode whith me on the test run). Heres the coolest part, on the way back home from a stop light i realy get into the gas and spin the tires clean through 1st gear and get em to bark hard into 2nd going up hill! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Now this was whith 27.5" tires on this thing (thats about like running 33s on a full sized rig). So i would have to say not too bad for a little 1.8L isuzu... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My buddies Luv will roast the tires up till about 60mph and bark all three gears with the auto. He could Site there and roast them till they blew. Had another buddy that ran high 12's in his in the 1/4. Course the one has a built 350 TH350 and the other has a Built SB400 with a TH350. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif kudos on being different.

jacob

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

oh im working on building a 331(bored 327) for my luv i just got the 11.5:1 pistons for it. The motor should be pushing 400hp. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    331(bored 327) for my luv i just got the 11.5:1 pistons for it

[/ QUOTE ] Can you say "Turbo Blue" race fuel ??? Couse you won't be able to run pump gas.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i know its a race engine ill have to run av-gas as they call it here ( think its 105 octane). But the luv wont be the daily driver after the motor swap, it will be my suicide machine! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

after the motor swap, it will be my suicide machine!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

after the motor swap, it will be my suicide machine!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

for some odd reason my wife does not want me to get a small truck... i dunno why... its kinda odd to me....
    grant

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

jesus thats going to be a machine, 331 with 11.5:1...
    very nice

10. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Hey, do the pistons you got now look like the ones in the 327 in my garage? Can anyone else identify approximately what these would be? I was told they are 11.5 to 1's.

11. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

YOUR CRAZY
    But after you do it you gotta drive it on the street a litte just to SMOKE the ricers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Oh, it'll smoke 'em! Hee hee hee. It'll smoke about everything except non-naturally aspirated v8's.

A.K.A. Superchargers.

Still can't believe my poor little LUV lost to a Ford F150 in a street drag... fords aren't supposed to be supercharged! It's not fair!

Just wait until I build up some money and get a supercharger on the 406 I'm building for my '79 LUV! Hee hee hee hee...

Ah, so many toys, so little money...

13. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

non-na could also be a turbo motor

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well i ran the numbers on that 331 and it should be pushing 350hp easy, thats before the roller stuff /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. As for how fast the luv will be whith it, if i can get the power to hook it will be running an 11.25 1/4 mile at about 120mph. And the funny thing, ill still wheel it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    Oh and Allan i cant get to my pics to post a link (im at school and cant acses it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif), but if you go to my profile and then to my home page that should be my pics and im perty shure i have a pic of the block and pistons.