Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEI Distributor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5_73, Mar 1, 2001.

1. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

I yanked my distributor apart last night, and I'm buying a new pickup coil, module, and condensor, and if I can find them, those bushings that the advance weights fit over. I was looking at the old dried up grease that was packed into the recesses around the shaft bushings, and was wondering what type of grease I should use in there when I put it back together. Thanks in advance.

[image]c:\blazer1mod.jpg[/image]
    Stupid hurts

2. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

Woops, forgot I was editing my picture stuff and it was goofed up. Should be ok now.

Stupid hurts

3. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

The guy at O'Reilly's said to use dielectric grease, but I'm pretty sure that's only for electrical stuff, and for the module, not for the lubrication of the distributor shaft. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Stupid hurts

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I do know you have to use the clear dielectric grease under the one part to let it dissipate heat to the HEI body or the pickup burns out sooner. Don't know about any other grease but the Mr. Gasket HEI dist. re-curve kit is about 10 bucks while you're in there.

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"