Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEI Good, Points Bad!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70jimmy, Oct 7, 2000.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 3, 2000
    Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Finally got the HEI in and man does it run good. I put on OEM HEI, new module, rotor, cap, capacitor from borg warner, Accel super coil, Accel 8mm spiral core wires, NGK V power plugs. No hesitation, better throttle response, no chugging at idle and I bet better mileage.

Spring for my timing light got lost so I set the timing using a remote tach to the highest RPM. It starts quick but sounds like timing might be off. I am going to put it on a computer soon.

Accel wires were a little short on the short ones and a little long on the long ones. Looms were a must. Absolutely no firewall clearance. A hundred wacks or so with a sledge and punch helped a little. Anyone out there ever cut the firewall and maybe boxed it in for more room??????????

By the way thanks Blazer 1970 and Blazer 72.

I did splice the wire going to the ceramic block on the firewall. Worked like a champ!!! Typical work on a K5 one mod leads to a few others.