Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEI no spark problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by greg83k5, Feb 13, 2002.

1. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

on the bigblock kaiser-

new cap rotor coil module.....

getting 12v+, good ground.....

i found out it was cleaned in the parts washer, and i suspect the pickup is the hinky piece....

the two wires from the pickup give me infinite resistance, my manual is at my parents house so i can't look it up right now, does anyone know how to troubleshoot these units, or know what that pickup resistance should be??

greg ( gotta get her running for slabby time!! )

* keep the greasy side down *

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Well, the only two other parts are the pickup and the capacitor, i think you can pick up both for under $25. When i had problems with mine it was the pick up. Can't help with the resistance though. Im one of those replace stuff till you find it guys so i say just replace all the electrical components, but thats just me.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

On the pickup coil:..........
    Resistance from either the white or green leads to GROUND. Should be infinite. replace if not.

Resistance between the WHITE and <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> wires should be 500-1500 ohms. Replace if not within this range.

Also the pickup coil should never be immersed in liquid of any kind.

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Thunder on 02/14/02 07:25 AM.</FONT></P>